Your cart is currently empty!
Butter them up with 3 delicious Butterscotch Schnapps Cocktails!
Delicious butterscotch schnapps cocktails are just what you need to cool down with summer on the way. These drinks might feature your Nan’s favourite lolly, but don’t get it twisted – these drinks know how to party, so you and your friends can have a ball.
So, without further ado, let’s get to the cocktails!
#1: Old-Fashioned Butterscotch Schnapps Shots
These old-fashioned butterscotch shots are not for the faint of heart. Delicious and strong, it’s a perfect after-dinner sweet with a kick. Steinbok’s Butterscotch Schnapps smooths out any rough edges from the bourbon, and adds depth to the little tipple if you want to sip on it, rather than knock it back!
- 1 ½ parts bourbon
- ½ part Steinbok Butterscotch Schnapps
- 4 dashes bitters
- 3 maraschino cherries
- Muddle two of the cherries and the bitters in a glass
- Add bourbon, ice and butterscotch schnapps
- Add the final cherry on top for garnish
#2: Butterscotch Schnapps Butterball Cocktail
If you’re looking for something richer & creamier, this butterball cocktail could be just what the doctor ordered.
Is it a dessert? Is it a drink? Well, that’s up to you! The inventor of this cocktail wanted a martini-like drink that could also be a layered shot. Using various creams and milks is what achieves this.
The best bit about the butterball is the smell. If you serve it to guests, insist they sniff it before sipping. It’s a joy in itself. The delicious scent will fill your entire kitchen or bar whenever you make it.
If the dairy products in this drink are something you avoid, no problem. You can still make it with thick coconut milk and plant-based versions of Irish cream!
- 180 ml Steinbok Butterscotch Schnapps
- 60 ml cream mixed with 60 ml milk
- 180 ml Irish cream
- Gather all the ingredients plus two martini glasses and a shaker
- Pour all the ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake for 10 seconds vigorously
- Strain the butterball into the martini glasses
#3: Butterscotch Schnapps Vanillatini
Finally, this butterscotch vanillatini could be your new undiscovered favourite if you love vanilla. It combines the delicious flavour of traditional butterscotch schnapps cocktails with the famous taste of black vanilla pods for a comforting experience.
Vanilla works well with dairy-based beverages, which is why this cocktail is to die for. It’s the perfect accompaniment to a lazy festive evening as we approach the holiday season.
There isn’t a standard recipe for a butterscotch vanillatini, so you don’t need to be regimented. Feel free to play around with this recipe until you get something you love.
The cocktail is sweet and creamy, so it is ideal for anyone with a sweet tooth but who also loves drinks that feel substantial. The vanilla comes out strongly through the vodka, so you don’t need to add it as a separate ingredient.
Did you know? Brands make vanilla vodka by cutting down the middle of a vanilla pod and exposing it to distilled vodka. Over several weeks, the flavour molecules in the spice diffuse into the surrounding medium.
- Butterscotch candies
- 90 ml Steinbok Butterscotch Schnapps
- 45 ml vanilla vodka
- Place the butterscotch candies in a sturdy plastic bag and tie the bag, enclosing them inside.
- Use a mallet, rolling pin or heavy-bottomed pan to pound the candies into small, rice-sized particles.
- Remove from the bag and place them on a plate, ready to dress the cocktail.
- Wet the rim of the martini glass with water and dunk it into the pile of candy pieces. The water should partially dissolve the sugar, making it sticky. Ensure the candies coat the inside and outside of the glass to about half of one centimetre from the rim.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the vanilla vodka and butterscotch schnapps.
- Shake until mixed.
- Pour into the candied martini glasses, being careful not to disturb any of the candy pieces.
What’s your favourite way to enjoy Steinbok Butterscotch Schnapps?